Glen Innes is in the heart of the New England gemfield with a huge range of gems to be found (sapphires and much more!). This category is provided as an information service for fossickers and rockhounds who would like to try their luck in the district. If you would like to comment on these pages or provide extra information, we would love to hear from you.
- Glen Innes - north-west district including Emmaville & Wellingrove
- Glen Innes - south-east district including Red Range & Pinkett
- More detailed map of the Torrington State Conservation Area.
- Inverell area - northern district (Bukkulla, Nullamanna & Ashford)
- Inverell area - southern district (Elsmore, Tingha, Bingara)
This information is provided free of charge with the compliments of Aussie Sapphire. Please note that there may be entry charges to various sites - feel free to browse our list of fossicking sites below to find details on location, possible finds, facilities and charges (if any). For up to date information and fossicker feedback we recommend you visit the Aussie Lapidary Forum.