This one is is a bit no-frills but is absolutely jam-packed with crucial information and the detail that so many other books lack. Highly recommended for those interested in rock tumbling - even the old hands are sure to learn something from this book:
- Format - Spiral Bound, 102 pages
- Author - Walter E Smith
- Publisher - Secrets of the Pros, 3rd Edition, 12th Reprint July 2007
- ISBN - 0-9765603-1-3
- Dimensions - 22 x 14 x 2 centimetres (0.18 kg)
- Other Information - B/W illustrations only, many tables of data
- Country of Publication
The name says it all really - the objective of the book is to try to explain, instruct and guide the read through the basic processes of lapidary (tumbling) - rotary barrel and vibratory tumbling.
With sections on:
- Introduction to Tumbling
- Collecting - what to look for and where
- Selecting tumbling materials
- Media - plastic, ceramic, natural organic
- Abrasives - silicon carbide, boron carbide, aluminium oxides, grit sizes and their uses
- Compounds - polishing wet and dry
- Loading the tumbler
- Metals - preparing, pre-finishing and burnishing
- and much more including extensive detailed info on how to tumbler polish many different rock types
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Sapphire users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.