Our Diamond Hand Pads are made of the best quality diamonds and adhesives to ensure consistent wear.
#60 to #3000 in electroplated pads - select grit from options above.
These pads can be used to break edges, hone and/or polish materials such as quartz, glass, ceramics, composites, metals and carbides. Each hand pad is colour coded for easy identification. Hand pads can be used wet or dry to suit your needs - wet is recommended in most situations.
General Usage Guide:
- Hand Pads will not work as quickly as with a wet belt sander or flat lap. Working with hand pads is usually time consuming, but it also affords a feel and an intimacy with the glass, stone or metal that's not usually possible with more elaborate tools.
- As with most grinding and polishing operations, a typical job calls for using a succession of grits, from coarse to fine.
- Diamond hand pads are color coded.
- A full sequence of rough grinding to polishing may start with a 60 grit, then proceeds to 120, 200, and 400 (the electroplated pads) and then onto 800,1800,3500,7000 (resin bond pads).
- Usually 800 grit is about as fine as people use with hand pads on glass; this won't leave a highly polished surface, but it will leave a nice satin sheen.
- Regardless of the grit you're using, be very cautious if you're working close to areas that you don't want to work with the hand pads.
- The pads will quickly scratch shiny surfaces .
- Perfect for abrading glass, fiberglass and composites and finishing metals.
- Invaluable for seaming and edging.
- 95mm x 60mm x 30mm thick
- Firm comfortable Foam Grip.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Sapphire users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.