For those new to the hobby of rock tumbling, this starter kit is designed to get you up and running with the basics.
This kit contains four types of grit suitable for grinding and polishing:
- #80 Silicon Carbide for Coarse Grind - 500 grams
- #220 Silicon Carbide for Medium Grind - 500 grams
- #600 Silicon Carbide for Sanding/Pre-Polish - 500 grams
- 1 micron Aluminium Oxide (#14,000 grit) Final Polish - 500 grams
- BONUS 250 grams pack of plastic pellets
Grit is packed in strong plastic screw-top jars for convenient and easy storage. Contents are enough to do around 3 to 4 batches of rock in a 3 pound tumbler such as the Lortone 3A or 33B.
The polish included is 1 micron (#14,000) Aluminium Oxide which is a good general purpose final polish for most commonly found tumbling rocks. This is the kit we normally recommend to beginners and is included in our Tumbler Kits.
This kit is designed for for rotary or barrel type tumblers - please see alternative Starter Kits C or D if you have a vibratory tumbler.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Sapphire users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review