6 inch Traditional Faceting Lap Kit 7A
The Traditional Faceting Lap 7A in 6 inch diameter is set up for those who prefer the traditional Copper/Tin method. To be honest, this one is not our first choice as we believe there are far better options out there now but this kit suits those who are more "old-school" in their gem cutting.
The Traditional Faceting Kit 7A includes the following items:
- One #180 Grit Diamond Cutting Lap (Plain back)
- One #600 Grit Diamond Cutting Lap (Plain back)
- One #1200 Grit Diamond Cutting Lap (Plain back)
- One 6" Magnetic Master Lap to use with the diamond laps (can upgrade to standard master laps and PSA back diamond laps if you prefer)
- One 6" Copper Lap (laminated) for Pre-Polish
- 10 carats of #3,000 diamond powder for Pre-Polish (use on the Copper)
- One 6" BATT (Tin alloy) Lap for Final Polish
- 10 carats of #60,000 diamond powder for Final Polish (for use on the Tin)
NOTE: This kit can be adjusted to suit your needs - just contact us to discuss alterations or upgrades.
One magnetic master lap is provided - the diamond laps will adhere magnetically without needing to be stuck down. When changing, simply slide the old lap off and replace with the new. If you prefer to use the PSA and stick to a master lap, contact us to adjust the kit.
This kit is suitable for polishing a variety of gems including the harder gems such as sapphire and ruby.
BUY THIS KIT AND SAVE!
Compared to the listed prices, you save at over 15% when buying as a Kit. Great way to set up at an affordable price.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Sapphire users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.