Perfect for mountain climbers and hikers, this valuable reference covers more rocks and minerals in North America than any other available guide. 794 full-color photographs depict all the important rocks, gems, and minerals - in many variations of color and crystal form - and the natural environments in which they occur; written descriptions provide information on field marks, similar rocks and minerals, environment, areas of occurrence, and derivation of names. Includes a guide to mineral collecting and a list of rock-forming minerals.
Paper slip cover but book has vinyl cover so it is tough for taking with you out in the field - and is a good size for slipping into a backpack. Colour photographs and detailed keys to help with identification. Note that photographs and text are in separate sections but the book is well cross-referenced and is a must-have for the rock collector.
- Format - 856 pages, Soft Cover (vinyl paperback)
- Author - National Audubon Society,
- Publisher - Knopf; North America edition (May 12, 1979)
- ISBN - 978-0394502694
- Dimensions - 19 x 10 x 3 centimetres (0.58 kg)
- Other Information - colour photographs
- Country of Publication - United States
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Sapphire users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.