Kids & Beginners Pack Complete! Lortone 3A Rock Tumbler including all you need to get going Polishing Rocks. From ages 7 to 107.
If you have questions, please see the Buying Guides (top menu) for FAQ and more info.
The Kit Includes:
- Complete Lortone 3A Tumbler - our most Popular seller. Commercial quality, long lasting equipment (not a toy)
- Starter Kit A - our most popular Starter kit of Media with enough for several months of Tumbling - included in the kit is:
- #80 Silicon Carbide for Coarse Grind - 500 grams
- #220 Silicon Carbide for Medium Grind - 500 grams
- #600 Silicon Carbide for Sanding/Pre-Polish - 500 grams
- 1 micron (#14,000) Aluminium Oxide for Final Polishing - 500 grams
- 250 grams pack of plastic pellets (currently white in colour)
- Professional Gemstone Tumbling Book by Lortone - a useful easy step-by-step guide to all you need to know to start work 20 pages
- One lot of Rough Rocks for your First Tumbler Load
- Small pack of settings - bead cages and key ring chains to turn your tumbled rocks into something useful (no extra tools/glue required)
Join ALF - our Free Lapidary Forum where you can ask any questions on Tumbling or Gems. Moderated so that it is Family Friendly.
This is the most popular model of Lortone Rock Tumbler - a basic single barrel, rotary tumbler with a barrel capacity of 3 pounds (~1.3 kilograms). These tumblers feature a moulded rubber barrel to provide extra sound absorption and excellent results. Instruction book is included plus the Lortone Guide to Rock Tumbling.
This model has a 230 Volt electric motor and 3 pin plug to suit Australian power supply. Barrel can hold up to 1.3.kg of rock or jewellery.
This is an excellent price to get started in this wonderful hobby - nothing extra to add.
NOTE ON SHIPPING: Shipping weight of this tumbler kit is approximately 6.2 kg. Too heavy to go by air courier so please allow for shipping time if purchasing as a gift.
Rock tumbler kit review1 April 2022The tumbler works great and polished the big rocks up perfectly, disappointed in the stones that were provided in the kit, 90% are very dull colours of rocks I could pick up at one local park, the only nice stones provided ended up the size of pencil ends by the end of the tumbling, would recommend tumbler and grits but if your buying the kit for the rocks like I did, you will be very disappointed (also no petrified wood was included what I was the most excited for in the kit).
Aussie Sapphire Response
NOTE FROM SUPPLIER: Thank you for your revew. We are sorry that you weree disappointed in the rocks icluded. Note that tumbling action on ALL rocks is much improved if you include smaller rocks in the load - this is why we include a range of sized rocks in the bag. If you only tumble larger rocks, then grit/polish does not carry well to all areas and tumbling is less effective. So we recommend avoiding the temptation to only do rocks that will end up an impressive size or the process will be more frustrating. Rocks in the batch vary according as supplies come in - it is a random selection and not hand picked. It really is just intended to help get people started immediately. Half the fun of tumbling is in the collecting of rocks so we wish you well as you continue in the hobby. For those wishing to purchase more interesting types, we suggest attending your local gem show where you can see a range of material at usually very affordable prices.
The thing you must buyBy: Jack on 4 May 2020This is the most amazing tumbler I have I’m only 17 and it is a great tumbler to start off with and it come on time I would highly recommend to buy this product from this company i will be buying more products from here thanks for your Service